Hello, and thank you for coming to my pages.
My arts cover a somewhat broad (and albeit, odd) range of technique and subject matter, so for those who (as I do) want to see the connection of things, here is a summary of how each fascination of mine led me to another.
- At the age of twelve, I saw an old engraving of panpipes, and immediately knew I had to find and play one
- This led me to the world of traditional flutes and Early Music
Which exposed me, both in literature and in the oral traditions of my family, to the folklore of music as it relates to beings of a supernatural sort (or, as Tolkien would argue, beings much more aligned with nature than humans)
- My interest in collecting and documenting the music associated with Faerie-Lore led me to further study Early Music (mediaeval to Baroque art and folk music) and the music of many different cultures
- Which gave me an appreciation of how much tunings and architecture influence particular effects on the human psyche
- Which led me to explore techniques in electronic music that use just intonation tunings and impulse responses to model real and surreal spaces
- This method of patterning sound, and the need for cover art of the recordings I produced introduced me to my most recent visual art form using fractals.
Please feel free to ask me questions about any of these subjects, or if you would like to help me spread my music and art to other locations, or if you’re interested in collaborations, at kaade @ kaade.net (no spaces.) I will try to keep each section up to date as to the best way to purchase my CDs, visual art, and whatever else I may decide to create.
You can find my music page on facebook here.
My tumblr blog is here.
and I’m also on Ello, but I haven’t figured out what to do with that yet.)